Re: Newbie question

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Martin Baulig wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Bruce McDonald wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get the MICO examples compiled with gcc 2.7.2 and
> > accociated c and c++ libs without a whole lot of success.  It complains
> > about a whole bunch of CORBA links unresolved as well as unresolved links
> > in libmico2.0.5 that *should* be resolved in the Std C++ lib (that is
> > being linked in).  What is problem here?  Is upgrading to egcs or gcc 2.8
> > the answer here.
>
> Well, I tried it both with gcc 2.7.2.2 and gcc 2.8 on Linux but without
> success. g++ failed to build the shared libraries with an 'internal
> error'. After upgrading to egcs 1.0.2 it worked fine.

I've tried it with gcc 2.8.0 and 2.8.1.  Both worked fine.  Using the
mini-stl provided in the distribution might be the solution.  Be sure to
have a lot of free memory (because of C++ templates, I think).  Does
anyone know the reason of the "internal error".  It happend to me if I
don't use mini-stl.

However, if you are using 2.8.x, you might have some errors during Gnome
panel compilation (add -fexceptions in the Makefile).

Jean-Philippe Gariepy
(gawi@info.polymtl.ca)

"The language and concepts contained herein are
guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the
place where the guy with the horns and pointed
stick conducts his business." -Frank Zappa