Re: what to do with edit-menus app

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> There is no effort duplicated.  I would be glad to have this on the
> CVS repository.
>
> Would it be possible to modify this program to also generate the menu
> tree structure used by the panel?

Should be able to. The way it's organized you can edit anything tree-like.
The difficulty I've been stuck on is making it handle special
circumstances; for example, the distinction between systemwide settings
and user settings, or features specific to one window manager/panel, or
"special" menus like the icewm "Program" menu. I'm sure this can be made
to work but I haven't yet.

I can check it in to CVS, to be played with. Only worry I have is that it
doesn't have a proper gnome-common type directory/build setup, so I might
try to fix that first.

Havoc Pennington
http://pobox.com/~hp