Internationalizing / Documentation.

I'm thinking of doing some translations of various messages to
Norwegian, and I would like to know what is the right way to aproach
this.

How to start a translating to a new language?.

I'm not sure if just copying an already existing file and replacing the
translated message strings with the new ones is appropriate.

I have also started proof-reading some of the documentation, fixing
typos etc, in the gtk+ packages and I'd like to know who to contact to
get more information on how to go about this.

Cheers
Kjartan