Re: gnome-dialog widget

On 3 Apr 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> This looked reasonable to me, so I checked it in.

Thanks!

> In the future, please make ChangeLog entries describing what you did.
> The GNU Coding Standards have a useful section that says how to write
> them.
>
> I wrote a ChangeLog entry, though the one I made isn't really up to
> snuff in terms of listing all the changes.

Sure, I just read the section. Is ChangeLog generated by CVS or edited by
hand?

Here are some other changes which could affect library users:

        * gnome-messagebox.h (gnome_message_box_new): arguments are now
        declared const.

        * gnome-messagebox.h, gnome-messagebox.c
	(GNOME_MESSAGE_BOX_WIDTH, GNOME_MESSAGE_BOX_HEIGHT,
	GNOME_MESSAGE_BOX_BUTTON_WIDTH, GNOME_MESSAGE_BOX_BUTTON_HEIGHT,
	GNOME_MESSAGE_BOX_BORDER_WIDTH):
	moved defines for message box size from .h to .c, put defines
	for button size/border into gnome-dialog.h and renamed them
        appropriately.

> Yeah.  In particular it would be good if the gnome-propertybox used
> the new dialog code.

I can do this. I might also try to eliminate usages of
gnome_message_box_set_default, _set_modal so those can be deleted.

Another potential source of inconsistency is gnome-actionarea. grep
reveals only one current user of this, the mailcheck applet, so it could
easily be modified to work with GnomeDialog's action_area instead of
GtkDialog's, or just removed, if no one is attached to it.

Havoc Pennington, dialog consistency maniac
http://pobox.com/~hp