Re: GEP 7 - icons and thumbnails - gnome_icon_loader

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 09:59, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > 	Will you take a patch to fully abstract this ? I can't think of any
> > good performance reason to have it like this.
>
> Gladly.

	So; I ran into a sticky API mess at the nautilus scaling; since the
attach points rather rely on scaling; would you be adverse to having
something like:

GnomeIconDataPoint *
gnome_icon_data_get_attach_points (const GnomeIconData *icon_data,
				   int           *n_attach_points,
				   double         scale_x,
				   double         scale_y);

	Which created a copy that we could keep around tied to the cached icon
data ?

	Failing that I'd prefer to return the attach points as an array of
floating point proportional offsets into the icon, since that would
avoid copying and scaling them around the place, leaving a unified
source of point data.

	Oh, and since I can't commit without this; I also binned the
x0,x1,y0,y1 thing in favour of a GnomeIconRectangle typedef - which
saves typing for the accessors / headers, and improves the contract
clarity [ to my mind ], is that ok ?

	And finally, it looks like create_embedded_text_cache_icon should be
doing a gnome_icon_data_copy instead of the struct copy it currently
does.

	Comments ?

		Michael.