gnome-libs compilation fails - Berkeley db issue

I wanted to extend my LFS system ( with GNOME.
One of the required packages featured at
are the Gnome-libs.

Gnome-libs required me to install the Berkeley DB (

My first issue was because of the fact that version 4 of this db is not yet
supported by the configure. So I went ahead with version 3.

This was the error during ./configure :

In file included from gnome-metadata.c:67:
/usr/local/include/db_185.h:171: parse error before `*'
/usr/local/include/db_185.h:171: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
gnome-metadata.c: In function `init':
gnome-metadata.c:177: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
make[2]: *** [gnome-metadata.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/install/gnome-libs-'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/install/gnome-libs-'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Google brought me to another message featured on the Gnome lists :

As the autoconf afterwards generated errors, my configure didn't went ok either.

Simply untarring newly downloaded GL sources and running autoconf already generates warnings
and errors... ?

Any suggestions ?