-I/usr/include -L/usr/lib

Hi,

I just put a patch in pkg-config to strip these out of
cflags/libs. They break stuff, and make gcc 3.1 complain.
I have an environment variable you can use to force them to be left
in, in case you have some bizarre system where those directories
aren't the system include directories.

Right now I have a warning if a .pc file contains these flags, but I
think I should remove that warning, because it would be a big pain to
write your configure.in to avoid this situation. So I think pkg-config
should just make the bad flags go away.

If anyone thinks I shouldn't do this, please let me know. I'm planning
to roll a new pkg-config shortly.

Havoc