Re: window icon patch

On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 18:56, Darin Adler wrote:
> on 9/24/01 2:58 PM, jacob berkman at jacob ximian com wrote:
>
> > this patch allows you to just have:
> >
> > gnome_window_icon_set_default_from_file ("gnome-terminal.png");
> >
> > is there a better way of getting pixmaps?
>
> I think that ideally it's better to not hard-code the ".png" into the
> program. That way, someone can supply a pixmap in a different file format
> (presumably one supported by gdk-pixbuf) later.
>
> So if we are going to pass short file names like this, with gnome-libs doing
> the searching for us, I think we should not include the extension part, and
> gnome-libs should handle that part of the searching too.

also - we can just init the icons from the program name passed to
gnome_program_init() - and we can have a default way of denoting sizes
(even use kde's method).

jacob
--
"It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell everytime I play
it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling, oblivious