Re: libgnomeui stock menu items

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 14:21, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > On 10 Dec 2001, jacob berkman wrote:
> >
> > > if running:
> > >
> > > gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/menus/show-icons
> > >
> > > returns 'unset' or 'false' or something try setting it to true.
> >
> > yikes
> >
> > shouldn't there be a default value defined by some schema file installed
> > by libgnomeui?
>
> there is; it's defined to true.
>
> but, alas, gconfd somehow doesn't get things right.

Heresy!

Here is what I get on a working setup, Gergo what do you get for these:

  $ gconftool --get-schema-name /desktop/gnome/menus/show-icons
  /schemas/desktop/gnome/menus/show-icons
  $ gconftool -g /desktop/gnome/menus/show-icons
  true
  $ gconftool --short-docs /desktop/gnome/menus/show-icons
  Whether to display icons in menus
  $ gconftool --long-docs /desktop/gnome/menus/show-icons
  If TRUE, icons will be displayed next to menu items when available.
  $ gconftool --get /schemas/desktop/gnome/menus/show-icons
  Type: bool