Re: gnome-keyring -daemon with a home directory on a CIFS filesystem

On Wed, 2018-12-26 at 09:56 +0100, Burghard Britzke wrote:
Hello,
I configured the home directory to be mounted on a CIFS filesystem, to be mounted using PAM. Every time I
log in the gnome-keyring-daemon logs an error to /var/log/auth.log:
gnome-keyring-daemon[7405]: couldn't rename temporary store file:
/home/<user>/.local/share/keyrings/user.keystore.U4L9TZ

It leaves a temporary store file on every login:
~$ ls .local/share/keyrings/
login.keyring          user.keystore.7S2EUZ  user.keystore.O28WTZ
user.keystore.1HU5TZ  user.keystore.B2S4TZ  user.keystore.OGKZTZ
user.keystore.2HL8TZ  user.keystore.CHU2TZ  user.keystore.PR77TZ
user.keystore.59O2TZ  user.keystore.JSSAUZ  user.keystore.Q8W3TZ
user.keystore.5I01TZ  user.keystore.KWY6TZ  user.keystore.U4L9TZ
~$

How can this issue be fixed? or further analysed to get it fixed?

I'm not in any position to make statements here but you generally
shouldn't expect POSIX programs to work correctly when homedir is not
on a proper unix-ish filesystem.  In other words, I doubt this will ever
be fixed, and I'm quite surprised that it works at all.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny