Re: gnome-keyring auto login

To boil down my thought again:
Is it really true that there are only the alternatives
* "password encrypted keyring" or
* "unencrypted keyring" -
or could there be a smart and pretty save "in-between" with a
password,
smart and safely stored on the computer?

I protect my keyring using randomly generated password which I store
in an OpenPGP-encrypted file. I have patched gkr to call gpg to
decrypt that file every time password is necessary. As such, the
security matters are deferred to gpg (where you can play with hw
etc).

The patch is really a cheap hack and not suitable for upstreaming.
However, if it helps you, I can send it later today.

Hello, thanks and excuse for my late reply.

Your solution sounds interesting, and it would be nice if I could learn
more about it. Hope I'm smart enough to install it on my machine.

Cheers,
Wolf