Re: gnome-keyring vs. nodm

Synchronising data across multiple seahorse installations or providing
same set of passwords across multiple machines seem to be a separate
problem belonging to the same project.

Can you re-start the discussion under a different subject? I found
doing so is helps organising the project (I also have projects that
involve multiple problems.)

Either-way, if it is a managed environment, I often find public-key
based methods (e.g. ssh with ED25519) or Kerberos ticketing systems
easier to deploy because of the existing tools supporting them.

"NHW" == Neal H Walfield <neal walfield org> writes:

NHW> You can use seahorse to set the password to be the empty string.
NHW> (Start seahorse, right click on the login keyring, and choose change
NHW> password.)  Then GNOME Keyring won't prompt you for a passphrase.

Thanks but I want to do this programmaticly for many of my machines.
I don't want to have to install megabytes just to change one line in
some file somewhere. I looked into "secret-tool" as a batch job solution
but frankly am not sure how related it is, but would be happy to use it
if it is.

Anyway can I write a shell script to achieve the same effect of the
above seahorse operation? Thanks.