Re: gnome-keyring Formats of certificate

Hm, we should be having this discussion on the mailing list...

On Thu, 2016-03-10 at 13:26 +0530, tyagi 221295 wrote:
On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:23 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:

On Thu, 2016-03-10 at 12:32 +0530, tyagi 221295 wrote:

Hi David,
              I was browsing through the gcr libary, from there i
concuded that we may have these
kinds of certificates that we can accept for an application correct me
if i am wrong . while parsing a file to extract information from it we
need to know what kind of file we have so that to render the
information to the user we need different gcr widget for different
kind of certificate format.Following format can be excepted

- GCR_FORMAT_DER_CERTIFICATE_X509(Der encoded x509 certificate)
- GCR_FORMAT_DER_PKCS7(Der encoded pkcs#7 container file which can
contain certificates)
- GCR_FORMAT_DER_PKCS10(Der encoded pkcs#10 certificate request file)
- GCR_FORMAT_DER_PKCS12(Der encoded pkcs#12 which contain both
certificare as well as key)
- GCR_FORMAT_PEM_CERTIFICATE_X509(An OpenSSL style PEM file with an
X.509 certificate)
- GCR_FORMAT_PEM_PKCS7(An OpenSSL style PEM file containing PKCS#7)
- GCR_FORMAT_PEM_PKCS12(An OpenSSL style PEM file containing PKCS#12)
This should be transparent to the GUI. The user selects a file, and
behind the scenes we try to work out what it is — asking for a password
if necessary.

yes i am just saying that i need to handle these many cases for
certificate in my code
any other format i missed out?

Why would you need to handle them explicitly? Just pass GCR_FORMAT_ALL
to the GcrParser, and let *it* deal with the details.

--
dwmw2