Re: gnome-keyring gpg

On 06.05.2015 21:40, Neal H. Walfield wrote:
Hi,

I'm implementing the password caching feature in gpg's pinentry so
that we can remove the gpg-agent proxy from gnome keyring.

I've spent some time looking at Gnome Keyring and I'm a bit confused
about why Gnome Keyring is using gck to cache the password and not
libsecret.  Any insight here would be appreciated.

Also, if we want to continue to use the cached passwords, we need a
migration strategy.  When GPG Agent invokes the pinentry, it now
provides a unique, stable ID.  However, this ID is not the key id.
Thoughts?

For anyone following along...

After talking about this on IRC, Neal and I agreed that there doesn't
seem to be a way to continue to use old cached passwords, at least not
easily.

The keyid provided to the old gpg-agent != the keygrip provided to the
pinentry.