Re: gnome-keyring RGNOME keyring for Ubuntu/Mobile

On 03/22/2013 10:13 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
IMO mobile devices need something else than GCR; they need a integrated
keystore and enrollment system.

gcr is just a library with some widgets and some bits for prompting,
parsing certificate files, and so on. Nothing fancy, just a grab bag of
tools.

The competition will have that at least:

http://webpki.org/papers/PKI/certenroll-features.pdf

This is running in a PoC format on Android.

To succeed you also need to bring in Mozilla who also work
with their own Mobile OS (which is lagging wrt user-keys).

I would be interested in working with this but I feel that
everybody is really waiting for Google since they are the
market leader in this space.

Anders, you keep bringing up certificate enrollment on every mailing
list. I applaud your enthusiasm, and that's certainly something that
worthwhile to work on.

But just talking about it non-stop doesn't help it get done. I would be
keenly interested, and a big fan, if you were to work on integrating
this into Linux (desktop or otherwise).

I would support work to integrate this into our stack (gnome-keyring,
seahorse, gcr, ...), if that's how you want to go about it. Or if you'd
rather do something separate, then that's cool too.

Perhaps you've already done work here, so maybe I just haven't seen work
to integrate it into any Linux platform that I regularly interact with.

Are you part of the KMIP technical committee?