Re: gnome-keyring Trusted GUI Support

On 2011-10-08 12:05, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Goals
>
> "Goal: Consistent UI for keys and certificates"
>
> Does this mean that there is a common trusted PIN mechanism somewhere?
>
> If so, how is this used by applications?

I'm working on a DBus based prompting mechanism, which we'll be
integrating in GNOME for PIN entry. This prompting mechanism will be
implemented by gnome-shell and so we'll get nice looking system dialogs.

Sadly, and most importantly, this won't be 'trusted path' or 'secure'.
To my knowledge it is currently very hard (perhaps not yet possible) to
do trusted input via X.