gnome-keyring gnome keyring does not store passwords

Hi all.

First of all, I got to explain our setup in order to describe the behaviour we experienced lately.

At our university the users /home folders are mounted via CIFS. The permissions are automatically set to 700 to every newly created file within ~

This works in general, but gnome-keyring seems to have some trouble with it. The keyring file is created but with a size of 0. It is not shown in seahores afterwards, too.

Does perhaps gnome-keyring expects permissions of 600 instead?

Greets
Marcus