Re: gnome-keyring -daemon socket credentials not supported on this OS

On 04/04/2011 12:04 PM, Mark Bannister rbs com wrote:
> When I try to start the gnome-keyring-daemon, I get the following messages:
>
> $ gnome-keyring-daemon --components keyring,pkcs11 -f
> GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/var/tmp/keyring-vTJviG/socket
> GNOME_KEYRING_PID=13541
> ** Message: couldn't connect to dbus session bus:
> /opt/csw/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error:
> Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.
<snip>

> Any help would be much appreciated.

I think you need to have a dbus session bus running. This usually means
having dbus-daemon running as the session daemon and a valid
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable. To check that this is
working, you should be able to use some tool like dbus-send or
dbus-monitor successfully.