Re: gnome-keyring Gnome-keyring - Keyring on USB stick

I hope that it's okay that I CC this to the gnome-keyring mailing list...

Pierre-Yves Bourguignon wrote:
> Using Gnome on several computers, I am interested in using a USB stick
> to keep my credentials (some of the computers I use belonging to large
> infrastructure where security is way too much neglected by the sysadmins
> is also a motivation).
> Excited by the mention of this possibility on
> live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring <http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring>, I gave
> it a try... and failed.

I'm sorry about that. I really do want to make this work. I believe this
worked all the way up to versions 2.28.2.

In 2.29.x (and the upcoming 2.30.0) there's a new DBus API for keyrings
which will be standardized across desktops. The downside of this is that
there wasn't time to reimplement the (seldomly used) removable media
feature.

I use this myself, and I want to reimplement it for 2.31.x and 2.32.
Many apologies for the inconvenience.