Re: gnome-keyring ANNOUNCEMENT: 2.29.90

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 22:10 -0600, Stef Walter wrote:
> gnome-keyring is the part of the GNOME Desktop that saves your passwords
> and encryption keys securely.
>
> This is an unstable release for testing and development.
>

> Important Notes:
> ================
>
>     * gnome-keyring-daemon no longer supports the old protocol
>       for accessing secrets or passwords. A new DBus API called
>       'Secret Service' is implemented. The new libgnome-keyring
>       abstracts this change in a mostly transparent way.
It seems that it is not transparent completely. Since I upgraded
gnome-keyring to 2.29.4, my Evolution and Pidgin were not able to store
password. Even Evolution could not connect to IMAP server.

I found two keyring files under my home .gnome2/keyring:
session.keyring and session-1.keyring.

If I removed them manually, gnome-keyring will not create the keyring
file automatically.

Jeff