Re: gnome-keyring GNOME Keyring Installation Problem

Stef Walter wrote, On 13/08/2010 09:47:
On 08/12/2010 06:07 PM, Yudong Sun wrote:
<snip>

However, the ./configure finished with exit 0. I have also tried to
build GNOME Keyring 2.30.3. It has the same problem. I'd like to know
what the possible problems are that fail to generate the gnome-keyring
libraries and .pc file.

Yes, we recently split out the gnome-keyring library into the
libgnome-keyring module:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/libgnome-keyring/

I believe you'll find what you're looking for there.

I've downloaded from git://git.gnome.org/libgnome-keyring and git:.../gnome-common. I have made gnome-common first and then try to configure libgnome-keyring as:

ydsun:/path/to/libgnome-keyring> autogen.sh --prefix=/path/to/libgnome-keyring
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.63
checking for automake >= 1.9...
  testing automake-1.11... not found.
  testing automake-1.10... found 1.10.1
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
Processing /path/to/gnome-common/configure.in
Running aclocal-1.10...
Running autoconf...
Running automake-1.10...
Running /path/to/gnome-common/configure --enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/path/to/libgnome-keyring ...
checking for gawk... gawk
configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean" there first

ydsun:/path/to/libgnome-keyring> make distclean
make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.

I want to install libgnome-keyring in my user directory not to the root directory because I don't have root access. How can I do the configure?

Thanks,

Yudong