Re: gnome-keyring Problems with -daemon and console-kit-daemon

manish jain wrote:
> gnome-keyring-daemon : couldn't allocate secure memory to keep passwords
> and or keys from being written to the disk

This message is probably to be expected on a FreeBSD system. Sadly (and
to my knowledge) FreeBSD doesn't have a way for a non-root user to lock
memory using the mlock() function.

Often memory is paged to a swap file. If this memory contains secrets
such as passwords or private keys, then these would be written to the
disk. gnome-keyring tries to prevent this by locking memory and making
it non-pageable.

Until FreeBSD has a method for a non-root user to make memory
non-pageable, I would expect that this message is expected behavior.

BTW, I'm a gnome-keyring developer. I'm not sure about the cause of the
other messages you noted. But maybe someone else will answer those.