Re: gnome-keyring Short introduction

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 23:33:22 Adam Schreiber wrote:
> 2009/2/18 Michael Leupold <lemma confuego org>:
> > I've already been talking to KDE people to hear what they think and they
> > are quite open to a solution integrating keyring. This however is more of
> > a mid- to long-term goal as it might require changes to keyring as well.
> > One of the major requirements would be migrating from GConf to a solution
> > KDE could tap into as well - unfortunately THE free desktop config
> > framework isn't quite there yet :-)
>
> Do you have suggestions for such a magical configuration system?
> GConf-DBus?

Unfortunately I don't. I know there have been some tries in the past and none
of them really is that widespread (should have put a frownie).
I haven't checked in a while but last time I did it seemed most of those
libraries were no longer being worked on. It seems libelektra is still under
development. Thanks for the pointer to GConf-DBus, I'll read about that as
well.

As I saw the keyring daemon doesn't have a lot of configurable values so a
small keyring-only solution might be viable. But as I said that shouldn't be
something to worry about right now. There's still a long way till I get to a
state where that might matter.

Kind regards,
Michael