Re: gnome-keyring Who launches -ask?

Thanks Stef! I did some more experimenting, and this is indeed another side effect of the gnome-session/gnome-settings-daemon changes. I think I have enough to go on now and I've started exploring this more on OpenSolaris.

My current workaround is to wrap gnome-keyring-ask with a script that sets GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge before running the original binary.

Will

Stef wrote:
Willie Walker wrote:
Sorry for the spam - this is a resend because I wasn't subscribed the
first time I sent it.

No worries.

I'm having issues with gnome-keyring-ask coming up without the
accessibility infrastructure enabled on GNOME 2.24.x systems.  I'm
wondering if this might be some gnome-session/D-Bus thing, but I'm not
sure how to go about debugging this.

What ends up launching the gnome-keyring-ask GUI?  Is it launched by
some daemon? If so, what ends up starting that daemon?

Are you experiencing the same problems with the 2.25.x series?

The combined changes of gnome-session came pretty late in 2.24.x. And
some distros changed their session startup code in other ways as well.
All this proved to be incompatible with the 2.24.x startup code in a
number of ways, but I hope that we've solved this in 2.25.x.

gnome-keyring can start up in a number of ways, and that is all
documented here:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/RunningDaemon

I'm anxious to work with you to make sure things are accessibility
enabled, but we'd need to work from the latest development releases.

Cheers,

Stef Walter