Re: gnome-keyring on the starting of -daemon

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Hey, I hope it is ok to ask gnome-keyring-daemon questions here.
>
> I noticed that for some reason, starting g-k-d from the pam module is
> broken in rawhide.
> That has the drawback that we don't get the password to unlock the
> login keyring, I guess.
> But it has the advantage that g-k-d actually gets started by
> gnome-session, which has the advantage that I get a working ssh
> passphrase prompt, which doesn't work when g-k-d is started from the
> pam module. It also means that g-k-d has a chance to pick up e.g. a11y
> settings, which is nice since
> it shows UI...

Hmmm, that's a bummer. I thought we'd fixed this issue before 2.22.0. In
that case the problem was that gnome-keyring-daemon didn't get
appropriate environment variables.

We added a function (gnome_keyring_daemon_prepare_environment_sync)
which sent appropriate environment variables to the daemon, as well as
got environment variables from the daemon (think SSH_AUTH_SOCK) and set
them in the application calling that function.

Does this seem to be related to the problem? Has either gnome-keyring or
gnome-session been patched to take out this call on Fedora?

Cheers,

Stef Walter