Re: copy / paste

At 06:35 19/04/2001, Espen Sand wrote:
On Wednesday 18 April 2001 23:36, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Espen Sand <espensa online no> writes:
> > Can anyone explain to me why I can still not copy/paste
> > text between gedit (using Gtk 1.2) and kedit (using Qt 2.2.4)
> > when using copy/paste from the menus. I am not thinking of
> > middle mouse button copy/paste.
> >
> > I assume both gedit and kedit (I know kedit does) use the
> > standard clipboard mechanism of the toolkit so where is
> > the showstopper located ?
>
> See: http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/clipboards.txt

IIRC when Havoc posted this, and the KDE/QT guys said they'd bolted this protocol into the code which will be QT3.0. Until it's released, and KDE is built on it we have to wait. btw anybody know when that might be ?

Ok, the PRIMARY vs CLIPBOARD should explain it then.

> This is not really a GNOME/KDE issue, it's more of a
> long-time-confusion issue that lots of X apps get wrong.

Sure. I assumed Qt and Gtk did the same thing by now but
that was wrong (arrg).

--
Espen Sand