Re: Integrating a Qt application with both desktops

On Saturday 18 November 2000 16:53, you wrote:
> Cristian Tibirna <tibirna kde org> writes:
> >
> > MIMEtype. Not for HTML, but something custom, like text/x-help. Is there one
> > already defined?
> >

> Not that I know of - but we would still need a standard way to map
> from MIME types to apps. :-(

Yes.. Well, at least the apps description is the same, or almost the same,
since we use the same desktop file format.
(KDE's spec is currently at
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kdelibs/kio/DESKTOP_ENTRY_STANDARD?rev=1.9
)

What about mimetypes ? Long ago, gnome defined them in a single file.
Is it still the case, or are they defined in desktop files as well now ?

--
David FAURE, david mandrakesoft com, faure kde org
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/