Re: Suggestion for minor interoperability advance

Here is a *very* minor nit-pick... but you are using files from KDE
1.x... which is dead to us :-)

That said, the files are similar:

Christian Schaller wrote:
> Well this is how KDE does it:
> It seems to me like KDE uses the agreed upon standard for
> desktop/.kdelnk files also for mimetypes.

The files are now .desktop files.  .kdelnk files don't exist in KDE2

> they are being installed under '${prefix}/share/mimelnk' The syntax
> is as follows, with one file per filetype:

That is true

> # KDE Config File
> [KDE Desktop Entry]

The comment is now gone and the group is [Desktop Entry] (no KDE)

> Comment[C]=
> Name=audio/aiff
> MimeType=audio/aiff
> DefaultApp=RealPlayer
> Icon=/usr/RealPlayer7/rp7doc.xpm

All KDE supplied icons are pngs... and in any event, we don't suggest
you hardcode paths at all.  You will see something like:

  Icon=video

To mean "find a video.png (or video.xpm) anywhere in our iconloader
search paths"
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix