Re: Trash system

#if Pavel Cisler
> The only detail that we do differently from your description is that we
> use /mnt/somewhere/.Trash-(user name) to avoid trash conflicts for
> different users.

Oh yes, forgot about that :)

There's still the problem of the same username on 2 hosts making files
in .Trash-(user name). I'm not sure how to fix that.

> We don't use symlinks, just save the discovered Trash locations into the
> settings file so that we can quickly access the Trash on the different
> partitions. It's more or less the same approach though (the single file
> with the cached paths happened to be more convenient in the
> implementation).

I suggested using symlinks because then more than one process can write
new trash links. Otherwise you have to deal with locking of the 'links'
file.

Rik.