Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Martin Konold wrote:

> The problem with ORBit is that I currently still have doubts if ORBit will
> be still faster when it reaches the maturity and the features of MICO.
>
> (Currently it is very easy to crash ORBit by feeding nonsense to it. All
> the necessary checks cost performance though)

This could be; I'm sure Elliot can give you his thoughts here.

> Did you ever consider to look at the KOM/Openparst stuff KOffice uses?
> KOffice handles the embedding in a mature way. Maybe it is worthwile to
> consider to use KOM also in GNOME?

My understanding is that Bonobo has the same functionality. However, as I
said I would like to see a K and/or a KOM frontend for Guppi. Guppi is
quite modular. I would also like to see a Windows frontend. So it is not
really an either/or choice.

Havoc