Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The ORBs should interoperate just fine already (modulo bugs), the real
> issue is sharing the IDL for various objects. This is a lot of planning
> work; we really need a common CVS server to put the IDL on so we can all
> work on it, if this is going to happen.

We can do a lot without a common CVS server (Linus doesn't use one).
Agreeing on goals seems like an important point.
How about "Enable AppleScript-like scripting of all KDE and Gnome apps"?

What's the closest thing to a document describing how to
do simple application scripting (e.g. open a file, save it under a
different name, and print it) from, say, Tcl under KDE?  Under Gnome?

- Dan