Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Dan Kegel wrote:

> (OK, I understand that KDE and Gnome use different ORBs.  Let's
> finesse that point for the moment, and assume that the ORBs are
> magically made interoperable.  What's important is that we design
> in a path for compatibility.)

The ORBs should interoperate just fine already (modulo bugs), the real
issue is sharing the IDL for various objects. This is a lot of planning
work; we really need a common CVS server to put the IDL on so we can all
work on it, if this is going to happen.

Havoc