"Clipboard"

Hi

I am subscribed to this list since a few months and the activity was very low
to say at least. Now as we have activity, most statements are insulting.
Come on, simply accept that there are 2 dektops, not only one that everybody is
using and that is "the face of Linux". This is the reason why I am using
Linux. I want to have the choice. I
n the case of the desktop: I am using KDE as the primary desktop environment
(at the moment, I may switch to Gnome at any time) AND I am running Gnome
applications (e.g. I have a Gnome panel running with a few applets that I can
not find for KDE). I like the look & feel of Gnome apps better than the KDE
apps, but KDE (now) has a few advantages as the desktop manager.
Additionally, the next days I will try to switch to Enlighenment (with a KDE
and a Gnome panel and KFM in the root window).

But: The Gnome and KDE applications should integrate better. One point that I
am missing is a common clibboard. Now it is possible to do Cut & paste of text
from gEdit to KEdit, but not the other way around !!
I think we should concentrate on fixing such technical issues instead of trying
to figure out which system is "better". This is ridiculous. They are different
and many people like the difference.

I hope that both teams will work together soon, eliminating the need of a
single, unified desktop for Linux, because a combination of applications will
integrate.
Rene

Rene Mayrhofer, ViaNova KEG             NIC-HDL: RM1677-RIPE
Email: rmayr@vianova.at                 Snail: Penz 217, A-4441 Behamberg

PGP(DSS): E661 2E45 9B7F B239 D422  0A90 A4C2 DA09 F72F 6EC5
PGP(D/H): B77F 51A8 B046 87A6 4D61  2C5D 742F F433 6732 E4DC
PGP(RSA): 5D D4 FD A6 CE AF 4B 82  67 7F 59 89 58 CA 61 0D
GPG:      5E50 BDA0 E0B7 75A7 08AA  1123 0A4C 9474 CAA2 658B