Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

Mosfet wrote:
> After reading the Miguel interview on BBC I understand why this list gets no
> traffic. Why the hell would anyone feel compelled to work with someone who said
> he sees no future for the KDE project even though we have 40G traffic a day and
> are all very hard at work for KDE2.0.

It did seem a bit rude, didn't it?

Now that you've brought the list back to life, I may as well pipe up:

I've been meaning to gather together notes on the object model
differences
between KDE and GNOME, but have gotten too busy.  The difference seems
stark: at least as of a few months ago, GNOME frowned on any
standard methods at all; every app for itself, as it were.
On the other hand, KDE appears to favor a rather large set
of standard methods for all apps.

Does that impression seem fair to others?

- Dan