Re: RFC: new KPanel application menu

pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

> The whole kpanel menu discussion has brought into my mind
> another point that has been nagging me.  This is the
> .directory file issue.

I think we can do without this .directory file. We would
need some extensions to the .desktop files though:

* A flag to indicate that this entry is actually deleted.
* A field to link it to another .desktop file. Entries
not defined in the file should be looked up in this other
.desktop file. (Original)
* A flag to indicate that this entry shouldn't be modified.
* A flag to indicate that the user is interested in a notification
when the 'Original' desktop file changes.

We can either make these kde-specific add-ons or standardize
them. Could you contact some Gnomes about his? I'll forward
it to the gnome-kde-list.

Cheers,
Waldo

--
The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"