Re: Common server activation

Simon Hausmann wrote:
[LOTS OF STUFF]

Do I understand the problem correctly by stating that we need:

* A uniform way to find the naming/service cq. trader.

* A uniform way (idl?) to access this service.

* A naming scheme (capabilities scheme?) shared across both
  desktops.

That is then enough for an application to get a reference to
the required CORBA service object.

The naming server/trader (which one do we preferably use?)
will need to know which CORBA services exist and how to
activate them. If we can't agree on a common scheme for this,
it should still be possible to support both scheme's right?

Cheers,
Waldo