Re: Common server activation
- From: Waldo Bastian <bastian ens ascom ch>
- To: Simon Hausmann <tronical gmx net>
- CC: Havoc Pennington <rhp zirx pair com>, "gnome-kde-list gnome org" <gnome-kde-list gnome org>, Steffen Hansen <stefh mip sdu dk>, sopwith redhat com, kde-devel kde org, matt gnome-support com, nat nat org
- Subject: Re: Common server activation
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:49:50 +0200
Simon Hausmann wrote:
[LOTS OF STUFF]
Do I understand the problem correctly by stating that we need:
* A uniform way to find the naming/service cq. trader.
* A uniform way (idl?) to access this service.
* A naming scheme (capabilities scheme?) shared across both
That is then enough for an application to get a reference to
the required CORBA service object.
The naming server/trader (which one do we preferably use?)
will need to know which CORBA services exist and how to
activate them. If we can't agree on a common scheme for this,
it should still be possible to support both scheme's right?
] [Thread Prev