KOffice?

I've got a question: does KOffice run under (or in) Gnome?  If so, how?
In Gnome, I see some sort of a KDE sub-menu, but have no idea how it
works (installed from Red Hat 6.0 CD - I'll update soon, I think).  I
consulted the User's Guide (at least the one on the Gnome web site) and
didn't see anything.

Here's my problem: I want to run an app written for Gtk, but I also
would like to run KOffice and, if possible, make use of some of its
integrated features.  I know there's GWP and Gnumetric, but I'd like to
use something integrated and MS Office-like if possible. (Also I
mentioned the ability to do BOTH to a potential customer, so if I can't,
my ego will be crushed.)

I don't mind being told to RTFM, just tell me which FM to R (and where
in it).

Thanks much.
Glenn Mabbutt