Re: Common server activation

> Let's not lose focus here. As I understand it, the .desktop vs. separate
> XML files issue is not even the important one; these are read by our
> separate implementations of object activation, but have no bearing on the
> interface used to activate objects. Only the interface matters; presumably
> the implementations will be distinct.

Not really.  Elliot has identified a problem with this.

For shared-library activation, you need the library code to parse the
library and figure this out.

And still, a package needs to ship a single file that defines the
services it provides and this should be accessible to all applications
on the system: kde, gnome and anything else.

miguel.