Re: Working together

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Julian Regel wrote:
[snip]
> 2) Is anyone working on an OpenDoc style format? Both projects seem
> to be looking into using CORBA but has it got further than that? I
> seem to remember some comments about a document format, but it's been
> pretty quiet recently.

This is one field in which I am sure we can do a lot of work together. I
am fully willing to work with the GNOMEs on things like standardized
exported CORBA interfaces for apps of similar function.

Still, we have a little bit of stabilizing to do with the stuff we already
have written before we can endeavour to force CORBA onto every KDE user's
system. That will have to be after KDE 1.0 (and perhaps even after a few
more releases of egcs or g++).

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics    Univ of Melbourne   The KDE is KNOT a Window Manager.