gnome/kde application?

Hello!

I am thinking of trying to write some kind of application that could be both
gnome and kde. Is this possible. Maybe this is an ambitious undertaking for
someone who has never written either type of application.  I would be
interested in any ideas or suggestions on the subject.

Tom

|\/\/\___/\/\/|    Thomas C & Carol Anne Corner
\____ o o ____/    Thomas Corner <corner@aktiv.co.at>
     )   (             08-Apr-98 14:13:10
    ( * * )
     \___/
Never eat more than you can lift.
                -- Miss Piggy

Disclaimer: The Corners take no responsibility for the above witty
remark which was generated at random by the "fortune" program.