Issue 20 Status & soliciting Issue 21 articles

Attention Conservation Notice: Issue 20 is delayed and will launch 15 June, and we'd like articles on accessibility by 10 July.

Issue 20 status:
Several articles scheduled for Issue 20 are not yet finished, so we have delayed them till a future issue. The Textpattern CMS's database has gotten corrupted, so Paul will be working on that this weekend. Because of this issue and other commitments in his life & mine, we are postponing the publication date two weeks to June 15th.

Issue 21: Accessibility:
Accessibility in GNOME is a huge part of our core mission, and in GNOME 3 our a11y foundations will be better than ever. Paul, Bryen, and I would love to get several articles about a11y into Issue 21. Article drafts are due 10 July for a 1 August publication date. Article ideas:

 How and why GNOME 3 is awesome in terms of accessibility
 Eitan Isaacson or Joanmarie Diggs BtS interview
a11y overview: why you, random developer or vendor, should care about Caribou, ATSPI, etc. For example, it makes it easier to do automated testing. And silent visual alerts can help you when you're in a meeting.
 GNOME Shell integration
* Idea from J Diggs: "On the gnome-shell stuff, aside from talking to the actual gnome-shell devs, there's Alejandro Pieiro Iglesias (API when he's around) who is working on Cally and ensuring Orca + gnome-shell work. And there's Joseph Scheuhammer (clown when he's around) who is doing gnome-shell magnification (i.e. a new magnifier in gnome shell)"
 Igalia's Webkit work
Accessibility work by governments, firms, and community in Zaragoza, Spain Interview someone like Bryen Yunashko about functional regressions in accessibility in GNOME 3.0, and how we're going to fix them

More at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal/ArticleWishlist

Please reply to sign up to write an article!

Sumana Harihareswara
GNOME Journal release organizer
http://brainwane.net