Re: Let's get GNOME-Journal published

Per Jim's suggestion, I update the GNOME Journal wiki pages on
live.gnome.org to reflect our meeting, which will be this Thursday
evening:

* http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal

I also created a new page linked from the GJ page for planning
meetings, and added the agenda.  If you are planning on coming to the
meeting this Thursday, please add your name.

* http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournalPlanningMeetings

Thanks, and see you there!

Paul

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler foresightlinux org> wrote:
> [...]
> GNOME servers / Wordpress platform (blogs.gnome.org?)
> * Find volunteers to help with finalizing moving to Wordpress,
> including CSS experience and WP plugin experience
>
> In talking in IRC today, and in the spirit of moving forward
> aggressively, I would like to suggest a brief meeting in IRC this
> week, either Wed or Thursday, at 10 p.m. EST / 2:00 a.m. GMT.  I
> understand that might be a bit early for those in Western Europe, but
> I'm not where everyone is, and I understand that similar times have
> worked in the past.
>
> A rough agenda would be to discuss the content and infrastructure next
> steps recapped above, a potential publication date, and future
> planning.
>
> Please let me know what day would work better.  I will volunteer to
> keep notes and publish a recap after the meeting for those who can't
> be there.
>
> We need your help - we need editors, CSS hackers, and Wordpress
> hackers for this next edition.  Looking forward to hearing from you!
>
> Paul
>

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Jim Hodapp <james hodapp gmail com> wrote:
>> Paul,
>>
>>    Thanks for taking the initiative to write this email. I agree completely
>> with everything that you wrote, including the time frame (we might be able
>> to make the time frame even a bit more aggressive). Of course I can write an
>> article and will do the editing of any articles, afterall, editing is my
>> main role in GJ. GJ has been suffering from a lack of momentum, and I
>> believe if we can just get enough energy to get moving and put a quality
>> release out there, GJ will be back and have enough momentum to attract some
>> new volunteers and become better than ever!
>>
>> As far as infrastructure goes, I believe that the Wordpress version was
>> basically ready minus a few things. I forget who the person was who was
>> making that migration for us. We should get it up and onto a staging
>> subdirectory on the official GNOME server to test it out, get familiar with
>> using it for our release process, etc. Paul, would you like to spearhead
>> this effort or would you rather like to be in charge of getting certain
>> people to write a few articles? That's usually the part that falls flat. I
>> think we would do well to have a weekly IRC meeting, or even every other
>> week to keep people coordinated. All of us used to be very active in
>> #gnome-journal on IRC and that was a great way of keeping momentum going.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Paul Cutler wrote:
>>
>>> Over the last year, there has been some discussion about getting a new
>>> edition of GNOME Journal out, including mailing list threads in Feb
>>> 2008 and Aug 2008.  There has not been a release of GNOME Journal
>>> since December 2007.
>>>
>>> I think there are three things that need to be done:

>>> 2. Find Content