Re: List moderation

I only added a person recently to the automatic discard list, but not accepting. I think Vincent's theory is correct though.

Jim

On Jan 23, 2009, at 3:40 AM, Claus Schwarm wrote:

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 15:44 -0500, John C. Meuser wrote:
Why am I getting paranoid, anti-semetic, conspiracy theory rants written
by a Klansman in my Inbox via the GNOME Journal mailing list?  It's a
moderated list, so someone let this crap through.

         John

I guess you're applying to become a list moderator, then, and do the
work?

I can't remember having seen this particular email in the queue but
there have been so much of them. The original sender is on auto- discard
but recently we started to got auto-discard notification mails. (1)
Maybe that was due to an software update.

I needed some time to find the correct option to turn this off, so we
got quite a lot of this paranoid stuff. This sender is really active.

Vincent's explanation seem to be wrong for Christophe is not subscribed.
I haven't approved any email in the queue, recently. Jim, have you?

Regards,
Claus

(1) What were the Mailman developers thinking when they implemented
this? Mails to inform about mails someone already decided to be useless?