Re: Next Edition Update

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler foresightlinux org> wrote:
Here are some updates regarding the next edition of GNOME Journal:

* We will be publishing in Textile due to an issue with the Wordpress
Migration.  Since we will be using the current CMS, we can move up the
publication date to May 1st.

* Speaking of Wordpress:  A sub-team has been working with some of the
GNOME Foundation Board Members to try and move along the progress of
migrating to blogs.gnome.org.  Vincent Untz is able to get us a
tarball of the current site.  Once I have that, I'll send a download
link to Josh Adams so he and his team can take a look at the CSS in
the Wordpress theme being used at test.gnomejournal.org.  The CSS and
the look and feel of the archives are the big to-do there, and when we
get closer, an RSS import of the archives from Textile to Wordpress.

* A big thank you to Claus for his feedback on the proposed release
calendar.  I'm going to tweak it some more based on the feedback and
send it back out to the group.

* An even bigger thank you to all of the authors for this next
release.  If you have not sent your articles in, the new deadline is
this Sunday, April 19th.  That gives us a week to edit, and just under
a week to format in Textile.  I feel pretty good about the timelines
right now.  (Ken - do you have someone in mind that can do a peer
review on your code samples?)  Natan - thanks again for updating your
article.

* Jayson's interview with Stormy is 100% edited and submitted to Jim
for final approval.  I'm working on editing the GNOME Asia article now
and will have that complete in a few days.  Jorge should have Natan's
article, and then we will work on Sri's, Ken's and Jim's next week.
Please have all editing complete by Sunday, April 26th.

* Please start thinking about the next edition already! Yes, already -
this edition isn't even out yet, and I'm already nagging.  I've
reached out to Shaun McCance to see if he wants to write an article
about the GNOME Docs team, or it's new tool Pulse, and I was thinking
about reaching out to Owen Taylor who is working on GNOME Shell to do
a Behind the Scenes with.  I would love to hear any other ideas out
there as well please!
I have a half cooked article on GNOME Zeitgeist which I'm working on. It doesn't look like it's going to be ready for this coming edition, but I'll definitely have it ready in time for the next one.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Paul