April 2nd Meeting Recap & Action Items

We had a great meeting in IRC last night to discuss next steps in
publishing the next edition to GNOME Journal.  Thanks to everyone who
came and for contributing.

Below is my recap of the meeting, including action items and owners.
I'm sure I've missed something, so please send an email with anything
I've missed, or questions or ideas if you couldn't make the meeting.

The meeting agenda is on lgo here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournalPlanningMeetings

In attendance:

Paul Cutler
Jorge Castro
Jim Hodapp
Ken VanDine
Jorge Castro
Sriram Ramkrishna
Josh Adams
Jayson Rowe

* Next edition:  Publish date / goal of May 15th.

Six total articles:

* GNOME Asia Recap (complete - Editor - Paul Cutler)
* Stormy Interview (complete - Editor - Paul Cutler)
* Gconf Configuration Editor (complete - Jorge Castro to follow up
with author to make sure it's still up to date and edit)
* New notififcation system (Ken VanDine - to be complete by 4/10)
* Gourmet Recipe Manager review (Sriram - to be complete by 4/10)
* Letter from the Editor (Jim - to be complete by 4/10)

I'll also send an email to the GNOME-marketing list looking for help
with a banner.

Infrastructure:

Infrastructure remains our largest challenge to publishing.  No one
present in the meeting has information on where or how to access the
current CMS or the Wordpress test installation on the GNOME servers,
and it doesn't appear to be in GNOME SVN.  Jeff Waugh has been
contacted twice, but no response.  Paul to contact to Stormy to ask
for help.

Wordpress:  Lucas' email from October references some needed CSS fixes
and the look and feel of the "Archives" section needs to be fixed to
match the current CMS.  (See Lucas' email from
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-journal-list/2008-August/msg00018.html
)

Josh Adams and his firm have offered to work pro bono to fix the CSS
issues.  Once we have access to the server and source code, we need to
make that available to Josh.

Misc:

* We had a brief discussion on release schedule, whether it should be
quarterly or more often. The goal right now is to this release out and
get some momentum, and more volunteers before finalizing.

* GUADEC: Ken, with Jim and Jorge's help, will schedule a talk at
GUADEC about GJ.

Thanks everyone for coming - please add anything and I've missed, and
I look forwarding to helping get the next issue out.

Paul