Fwd: gnome journalism

I am forwarding this email on to the list just so everyone knows about this new volunteer and others, alongside of me, can help to make Richard feel at home and useful. He has a lot of experience in journalism and we should put that to good use. Maybe someone could help him work with a GNOME LiveCD since he uses Windows and OS X mainly out of necessity. Any thoughts from any of you?

Jim

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Richard DeLaurell" <richard delaurell gmail com>
Date: April 18, 2007 10:30:31 AM EDT
To: "Jim Hodapp" <james hodapp gmail com>
Subject: Re: gnome journalism

Jim,

I am not sure what to contribute; most of my pertinent experience is in journalism.

I am not a programming type (and I still have to use Windows and OS X for much of the time) so I am afraid I wouldn't be too good at contributing how-tos and articles in that vein.

The areas on your list which appear to be those I could be most comfortable writing about would be "trends" or maybe "history".

Where would I go to begin some kind of investigation into the history of a technology like gnome?

Are there particular events where trends receive a first showing (like an auto show does for cars) which might want for coverage/spot-reporting?

Sorry if this is not specific enough yet; at this juncture, I am just wading in and really have no idea what I'm doing exactly.

Have a good day nonetheless--

RD