Re: Propositions for articles/ideas

Hi Vincent,

> I'd like to propose three ideas for GNOME Journal. Let me know if you
> think they're interesting and if it's okay to have this in the next
> issue.
>
>   + have an editorial-like column. However, this would be written by
>     some people proposing an editorial. The idea is really to make it
>     easy to submit some thoughts about GNOME. It's already possible to
>     do this by submitting an article, however people don't think about
>     it this way. I'd be interested to send some propositions for such
>     a column ;-)

I didn't get the idea here... :-/ Examples?

>   + create a "How I got there?" regular section. The idea here would be
>     to let people explain how they got involved in GNOME, what they
>     found hard/easy, what they love/hate, etc. There's already a good
>     candidate for a first article (Joachim, who's been rocking on the
>     docs) :-)
>     This would be an interesting complement to the current "Behind the
>     scenes" section, and it would help newcomers know how they can start
>     contributing. Also, it will help the GNOME community understand some
>     existing barriers.

This seems to overlap a litle the Behind the Scenes (BtS) series. This
question ("How I got there") is part of the standard interview for BtS
[1]. Your idea is to have more than one contributor answer per issue?
BTW, Joachim Norenko is a nice indication for issue 9 on BtS. :-)

>   + extend the feedback idea I read about somewhere. This would be a
>     "Letter to the journal" section, where people could send some
>     positive/negative feedback about GNOME in general (and not only
>     GNOME Journal). We could then ask someone who knows about the
>     commented stuff to write a small answer. Eg, someone writes to
>     say that the file chooser could really be better (in an argumented
>     way) and we ask Federico to write a small answer.
>     We would need to announce this in an issue to get things started.

A forum topic [2] has been created for GJ at gnomesupport.org. Claus
had the idea do add a "Discuss this article" link on articles. We
could use the forum as a source for these feedbacks. Probably, we'd
need to look for the best feedback entries before the release.
Comments?

My 1/2 cents. :-)

p eace

--lucasr