Re: Article on our end-users

Hi,

On Tue, June 6, 2006 16:08, Claus Schwarm wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Rocking article, thanks very much! (Well, you knew I was going to say
> that, right?)

No, I was not sure :-)

> Your English is not problem that our editors won't be able to fix, I
> guess. Your satisfaction about how it's written is a different thing.

Well, my satisfaction is nearly directly related to my English...

[snip]

Thanks for the tips!

> One of the exceptions to the "Who's doing what?" rule is when you want
> the one doing something at the end of the sentence. Sometimes you need
> to edit the second sentence, too. Like this, for example:
>
>   However, really few people will answer that GNOME is a community
>   when asked the "What is GNOME?" question. It's the community
>   who creates GNOME, who improves it, and promotes it. But there's
>   also a community that uses GNOME. This is forgotten too often: The
>   user community lives inside the broader GNOME community.
>
> I can' say whether or not the reformulation did express what you wanted
> to say. But I think the "Who does what?" question helps very much. It
> makes one's own thoughts more clear I believe.

I'm going with something similar to your rewrite, but I want to avoid
giving the impression that the community using GNOME is a different one
than the one developing GNOME.

I'll attach a new version soon, based on Matthew's one.

Thanks!

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.