Re: Interesting request

Lucas,

Huh, so he's talking about linking to an entire issue in history...that is currently not possible in the current way that we have GJ with textpattern setup, but I believe with a little bit of work, we could set it up to work that way. It probably would be very similar to how the archives page works, except maybe a unique issue page for each release. I can't promise when I can get to it, but certainly if no one else wants to look into it I'll see about implementing this.

Jim

On Aug 20, 2006, at 5:21 PM, Lucas Rocha wrote:

Hi GJ people,

I've received an interesting request from Jonathan Corbet (LWN.net). I
think this wouldn't be hard to implement. Jimmy, do you know a quick
way to get it working?

p eace

--lucasr

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Corbet <corbet lwn net>
Date: 17/08/2006 11:37
Subject: Re: The GNOME Journal, August Edition
To: Lucas Rocha <lucasr at mundo gmail com>

Lucas Rocha <lucasr at mundo gmail com> wrote:

The latest issue of the GNOME Journal has just been published!

I have a little request...is there any way you can make it possible to
link to a specific edition of the Journal?  For the purpose of
announcing it in LWN, it would be much nicer to be able to use a link
which still works a year from now...

Thanks,

jon

Jonathan Corbet / LWN.net / corbet lwn net