Re: Infrastructure | Externally-hosted Matrix instance is not fully configured (#467)

Title: GitLab

Thibault Martin commented:

I’ve been asking how KDE people handle it:

Me: I have a Matrix related question for you people (and I think it does belong in the Promo channel) Our admins at GNOME are not comfortable with :gnome.org matrix ids available for whoever wants it, they want it for official members (and another instance for the community). Do you have a position at KDE? Can anyone grab a :kde.org matrix id?

Carl SchwanKDE (+kde:kde.org): for us, everyone can grab a :kde.org matrix id. We actively encourage people to create an account at our instance and join #kde-welcome:kde.org

that we don't really encourage is using their :kde.org for things unrelated to kde

The only thing in our infra that is restricted to "KDE developer" is our Nextcloud instance but even here people with good reasons can get access